Monday, July 8, 2013

Countdowns and their consequences.

I have a lot of qualities that I dislike about myself.
Like the way I get stuck in the internet for more hours than I care to mention or the way I wait until I'm too hungry to actually cook something so I end up eating chips for dinner. You know.

But the one on the very top of my list is my desire to wish time away. 
I spend so much time looking forward to what's going to happen in the future that I forget to spend time in the moment. 

Time already goes by so fast, it feels selfish and wasteful to hope for it's expedience. Especially when I know those futures will be there and those pasts are staying put. 

It's a bizarre middle area we reside in and I strive to appreciate it more.




*Photo by me: Nice, France

No comments:

Post a Comment