Monday, October 20, 2014

Be Kind. Be Better.

*


I give my life a lot of restrictions. 
I think I work better within them.
Some of them stick, some don't. Some I like to have there just so I can break them occasionally and feel like a rebel. That's right Coke! I'll drink you occasionally. But the one that is always there in the back of my mind whenever I do anything is to be kind and to be better. 
It's the gauge to which I hold all my words and actions. Is this kind? Will this better me or the person I'm speaking to in any way? If not, then I try not to bother with it. 

It is the biggest struggle. 
I grew up being taught to speak my mind and that all my thoughts were worthwhile.
What nonsense. 
It's a tough habit to break and sometimes I swing all the way to the other side and put other's happiness in front of my own. And strangely enough it is much more difficult for me to do with the people closest to me, the people I care about the most. I'll find myself upset with my sister before I've even had a chance to think about being kind or being better.

Hopefully it becomes easier. 

- -- - -- - -- -
* Unknown, as per usual

No comments:

Post a Comment