Sunday, June 23, 2013

Breakdowns

I got to France at the beginning of June expecting to have a breakdown. Not because I'm the sort of person who has frequent or predictable breakdowns, but because that's what I figured happens when you study abroad. (My orientation packet told me to expect uncontrollable crying and nausea.) 

But nothing. 


I got close the first couple days, but that had more to do with the people I was around than the country I was in. For the record I have had one. I was sitting on the couch at 4 in the morning, Skyping the boyfriend. I had just gotten back from a bar and I was drunk and I felt stupid. 

I guess I'm feeling kind of gypped? 
I think I expected things to be drastically different.

So bizarre. 
Maybe this is my version of culture shock.


* Photo by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment